Monday, February 20, 2012

I was thinking, not that it's a new event or anything....

I was thinking that thinking is what sometimes gets us in trouble.  I know that the more I think about something that is going on in my life that is not a desirable event the more I get stressed and feel anxious.  However, if I focus on the moment by moment things that are occuring I can find a very deep inner peace. 

The thing is though, unless you are a Monk in the mountains we do have to plan and strategize certain events in our lives.  I think it is impossible to just let life take you wherever it wants and live a very satisfying life, but maybe I am wrong.  Everytime I have tried to live in the go with the flow mentality alone I often end up feeling like a fish out of water, stressed, sad and feeling alone.  As if I am sitting in this tidal pool of life all by myself just waiting to be scooped up and put on some shelf to dry out and ever feel the warmth of the water again. 

What does it all mean? 

You have to go with the flow a bit, but it doesn't mean you have to allow yourself to be trapped in situations that are not healthy for you.  It's okay to plan a little, but be prepared to go with the flow if the world has a greater purpose for you.

Be blessed, excuse any spelling errors and/or misplacements of then, than, or there, their, and they're, it's just one of those days.  Oh heck, it's one of those life times.

So how does your Garden Grow?

1 comment:

  1. Yes....planning the route, but being flexible and accepting when you get pushed to an alternative route.
    My garden has some "weeds" but....lol...some weeds have beneficial flowers on them too. Yeah, I allow them to grow around me because I see their beauty.....but I'm a plant that is learning to be strong on my own and push higher to reach the sun. I will not let the various weeds over take me much. Sure I share my water and sun, but that is ok for now. Maybe in time as me the Gardner (my other self) looks over the whole, it will carefully pull out the weed but plant it somewhere else so it can continue to grow....or maybe I will allow it to be there, haven't made up my mind yet. All depends on how much the weed tries to pull down the other stronger plants...or if I feel it is no longer suitable, but knowing I have the choice is empowering.

    ReplyDelete