Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spiritual Growth

I once posted, not so long ago, about spiritual growth.

We all have faith in something, God, Universe, Energy, Jesus, The Spaghetti Monster, Science, etc, etc. We all build a grain of knowledge, something, a seed is planted, it grows, it blossoms, it changes through death but in rebirth often more plants grow. Nothing with spirituality is constant, it is changing because we change as we learn and grow.

Many people don't believe in psychics or mediums, some do, and you know, that is okay. One thing I have learned though as I do readings for people is that we all crave the same thing.

ACCEPTANCE

Not just accepting ourselves, or others accepting us, but the acceptances that not a single one of us is perfect. To recognize that all of our faults make us beautiful. We need to accept that to truly live, to truly love, to truly be able to laugh at ourselves. Those who are most angry and nasty have forgotten what love is, what acceptance is, what beauty is, they have just forgotten what it means to be connected to something other then self.

That is what is great about my spiritual beliefs. My belief is that the energy of this universe creates all things, that Jesus was like all of us, made of millions of tiny atoms that grew into this amazing man who could heal. He said, "and this you too can do, only greater." We forget the truest of lessons from Jesus, from Buddha, from any Deity, god or goddess, or even piece of spaghetti, that is LOVE and ACCEPTANCE. When we have those two things we can be amazing.

I have a friend I met online, her daughter was born around the same time as mine. Her daughter has faced health adversities that would make some adults fall into a pile of whining goo. You know what, she smiles and she does what she needs to do. She lives moment to moment and flourishes with the greatest of lights around her. She is truly connected to the Angels above because despite what she faces she is filled with love and light. So many children are like that, those who have to face bitter health battles, often even more so. Because their health is so frail they live closer to the light than any of the rest of us.

I remember when I almost died as a child, I was left feeling vulnerable when I came back to this plane and level of existence. I felt betrayed by God, but now I realize, now I realize what I am here for. It isn't about me, my existence and life has never been about ME, it's about ME AND, and with out me it would just be an AND with no story to follow.

We are all precious gifts to each other, we should truly live this way.

I have been a Super Hero in my life, have you? Make a difference in someones life, it is so easy. A simple hello, a hug, a kind word, just simply be, because you are a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment