Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello, this is who I am

So I wrote this on facebook and I thought I would share it here.

 Yah, that is it, I don't get to finish things and it isn't because lack of trying but other things I then see I want to do. I feel like perhaps there is a great deal of me letting people tell me I will fail so it becomes an instant failure. Do I keep taking comedy classes? YES. Do I follow through with writing and readings, yup. You know yesterday in front of 14 people I did not know I told them my job was a Medium. It was brave and scary but I did it. I am who I am and the more I deny it the more I repress who it is I am meant to be. I am not a daycare provider alone, my real job starts when I help people heal, when I make them laugh. I didn't ask to be who I am this is who I was guided to be.

This statement sums up what is going on in my life.  I started taking improv classes, though I appear to be failing miserably, I am enjoying it.  ;-)  I am not that bad but it isn't stand up which I would excel in.  Improv starts with the truth so now, I have to start with the truth.

The truth is who I am, who I am supposed to be and why is it when people ask what I do I fear telling them?

Why is it that I still fear ridicule? 

I don't understand what holds me back but I know that from this point forward, I will try to remember, the truth first.

After all like the teacher Greg said, "truth is stranger than fiction and often times funnier."

No comments:

Post a Comment