Thursday, April 21, 2011

For goodness sakes, for the last time I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!

I laugh, I laugh a lot because the world is full of blame. Everyone wants to blame someone for the shortcomings they are dealing with.

Today I blamed Easter for making me eat a piece of my hollow chocolate Easter bunny. I mean lets face it, if there was no Easter than I would have this temptation. Well if I am blaming Easter than I am essentially blaming Jesus for being resurrected right? So if I am going to blame Easter, which blames Jesus, I am essentially than blaming God right? It is GOD's fault that life is bad, he sent Jesus here, and then, wait I can blame Christianity of creating the holiday and I can blame Palmer for making the chocolate bunny.

I believe one of our BIGGEST lessons here on earth is to stop blaming and stop asking, "why is this happening to me." Nothing is happening TO YOU, it is happening with in the same time, space and confines of your existence. No body is out to get you, but when you have that mentality you attract people that are not as good.

People die every day and if you believe bad things are going to happen in 3's guess what, they will. That being said, just simply trying to not believe by saying you have stopped believing is not going to change that. You have to internally find peace with that is NOT how it has to be.

I did NOT need to eat that chocolate bunnies head off. I chose to do that and therefore I am to blame. I am the one that has control over my thoughts. I have control over my crazy schedule, I have full control over everything, who is in my life, how I accept the passing of friends and family. I can be in control. I don't know why this subject keeps coming up but it does.

Also, side note, I mentioned teaching meditation to my Bariatric team and they were excited. I think, I think with my entire heart, that I want to teach inspirational classes too. Finding inner peace, but how, how does one do that.

It is pretty simple, accept that you will never be perfect on this earth. We have to do the best we can and we are all works in progress. WE are all learning lesson by lesson and there is no one that is better than.

LOVE YOU
How is your spiritual garden growing?

2 comments:

  1. I think the blame-game is a major contribution to so much life strife -both individually and collectively as a society.

    It's hard to accept blame, but once you do, you garnish the essence of living authentically, even with all your beautiful imperfections, and that, to me, is how you find your way to inner peace. You have to be authentic in whatever that means and mostly it starts with hardcore honesty -with yourself and with others. You cannot live authentically if you're caught up in blame.

    I've recently been on the receiving end of this and it makes me so mad. A friendship was destroyed because the other refused to see her hand and instead pushed it all on me. That's not even remotely the truth and it stings that she can't get that, accept that, and more so that I can't make her. I want her to see..to get it..to understand her massive faults, but she won't. Not really. And I've had to learn to be okay and step away from that. I can't force authenticity on people.
    But it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when I know they're not getting it, seeing it, and instead are tossing blame on me. Even though I know it's not mine and I shouldn't carry it, the fact that others don't see that invokes a heap of emotional angst.

    But I've been working hard on my garden ....so I can see these instances of emotional discord and work my through them a little wiser and definitely with authenticity by my side.
    And that part does fill my spirit with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is super duper hard when people place blame on us, even though we know we were not entirely responsible for the "issue" at hand. It is hard NOT owning what is given to us.
    I am sorry that you are going through a situation like that, some people never truly grow up and learn accountability.

    ReplyDelete