Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

It seems to me lately, the more I watch the world, everyone wants to go the same way at the same time. I don't know that I get this concept at all. I have been on both roads, and I prefer the one less traveled.



Our world becomes cookie cutter perfect. We are told we have to go to some box for our education, then go to another box for our education, and then another box for some career that pays us in rectangles so that we can buy another box to live in and a box on wheels to drive and maybe put a box with water in our back yard for our kids.



We travel these rectangular roads to the cities or even in our home towns, there is this idea of square and rectangular movement in our society. This makes me want to scream a little. I feel like I am the MIME. I am constantly trying to get out of the box and off of the road that has been traveled so frequently.

I am sooo not making a point right now, much of this sounds like the ramblings of a woman who hates boxes. Truth is, I hate conformity, we all do this. The real person inside of you probably gets sick of boxes too.

So here are some thoughts, I think about this stuff all the time.
If I ever have money to build a house it will not be square or rectangle, maybe round, or something.... I will have to think about it. I want all the rooms to have some sort of arch or curve because I believe that the curve makes more sense naturally and for energy flows sake.

That being said, you do not have to get married, have children and own a home to be happy. That is secondary to the process of living. One should never follow the road that everyone tells them is the right one, follow the one that is the right one for you. Heck if you want to go to college, get a job, buy a house, have your kids because that is what is comfortable for you, the do it.

For me though, square feels like prison and that is why I HATE sitting around at my house.

Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment