Friday, February 20, 2015

The State of Human Nature Who SHOULD I Be

Human nature:
What separates from beast?

Not a lot.

I guess I get frustrated when I hear people say things like, "well they should know better." 

Who should no better?  What is it that makes us less primal driven and more focused as a human being. 

I get spoken to a lot about being too loving.  I am too touchy freely and friendly.  I was raised on physical contact.  I would fall asleep in my mothers lap while she stroked my hair.  I was hugged kissed and told how much I was loved.  I would not give up physical contact for any reason ever.  My believe is it is as close to freedom my soul can feel while trapped in this vessel we call the human form. 

I was told that we need to have more decorum, but seriously, pets will lick themselves in public, they don't worry about what people are thinking.  Now I am not recommending public showers or having a free love society, though I see nothing wrong with that.  What I am suggesting is we stop and look at the restrictions we put on ourselves as a human and ask, "Where are these from?"

Marriage
Children
Jobs
Food

Everything we do originates from an idea, concept of what is good and proper.

We should be married and monogamous.
We should have children.
We should have a high paying job.
We should go to college.
We should take care of others.
We should be nice.

FREAKING THROW OUT SHOULD

If you are happy being married great.
If you are happy being monogamous great.
If you have children and love them great.
Do you have to have these things?  NOPE

I have been talking to people in open marriages.  They are happy for the most part.  They allow their partner to understand the more carnal side of their nature and support them in any direction they choose to take.

I have friends who are bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual and not sexual at all.
I have friends who are 30 year old virgins and they seemed almost ashamed to mention they were a virgin and I am like, MORE POWER TO YOU.

The point is we are labeling people and deciding what is best for them.

Instead of asking, "What do you do?  Are you married?"
Maybe we should say, "So what are you doing that makes you happy?"

SO how does your Garden Grow?
What are you doing to make you happy?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Celeste. Have even heard should could stand to be banished by our English language... But, "what is your bliss?" is a good question for us all.

    ReplyDelete