Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am sick BUT....

I am sick today, very sick with some silly virus that is really cranky. Did you ever wonder why animals don't get all these stupid viruses. Why don't dogs get a cold four times a year or why don't they get the stomach virus. You never see a Deer in the wild with a runny nose and coughing? Is being on top of the proverbial food chain really that big of a benefit? I am questioning that more and more. I believe that animals don't get as sick as humans because they are smart. There bodies have stronger immune systems because they do not have the worry we do. Or should I say, they do not have self inflicted worry like humans do. They have stress, but not the level of stress we carry. They are simplistic and their minds are calm, with the exception of my dog Ghost who is, well, he is a little neurotic and gets worked up over little things. In the end I think that we can and should remember that we break down our immune systems a LOT and frequently because we do not eat properly, too many bad food choices not enough good food in our systems. We do not relax, most people sweat the small things and we make ourselves way too busy. So for today I suggest we be animals, eat healthy, sleep when we want to and let our immune systems strengthen up a little. I know I am going to. Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment