Sunday, June 17, 2012

The traveler

The Traveler:
I have traveled roads of all kinds, left ways, sideways and wrong ways at times.  I have traveled dirty back roads, and roads that were paved and some that were stone.  I have traveled the roads paved with good intentions, only to find it break down at the end.  I have traveled roads being built, paving the way for others to use.  I have traveled roads that weren't even roads but just paths through the woods.  The darkest and dirtiest roads I have found to do me the most good for my soul.  The more that I struggle and I squint to see, the more I have learned and understood.  I have found that greatest destinations are the ones I have long travels to see.  I don't feel like I need to take the paved road, the one that friends tell me to take.  It is easier I find to take the dirt road and see what I can while I drive.  Steering my way through life's bumps and bangs, through the troubled storms and the sunny days.  I travel at times with fear and trepidation and others with joy and love.  I find that the easiest way to go anywhere is with faith and a love in my heart.  In the end there is just one road left for me, a singular arch way with a beautiful breeze, the road paved with golden and healing light, the road to my heaven when my life's light goes out.  So far away but always close enough.  Every road I take has the golden under glow, of faith and of beauty when I will go.  My final destination many years away, but my ultimate driving force for who I am today.  Be blessed and be loved and enjoy the journey.  Follow your path and see your purpose, through faith and with love, you will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment