Sunday, January 27, 2013

Soul Mates, the contradictory opinions

I was once told we all have just one soul mate. 

One!

If we have lived hundreds of life times why just one?

If you look at the two words and understand them a little better, perhaps it will clarify all of these stories of only one for us.

Soul:  Well we know our soul is the light which is who we are.
Mate:  A person that compliments us and is a companion of sorts.
(Or just a really cool word that means friend in Australia, good day mate!)

So not to take myself to seriously, I try not to, this is a hard topic to write on and problem is, this is all going in my book. 

If you believe in past lives than you know we have had many people that impacted our lives from lovers, friends, family and the list goes on.  These people come back into our lives multiple life times.  They are soul mates, people with whom we are connected to through our souls and shall remain an important part of our growth in upcoming life times.  Now these are not always people that are meant to stay in our lives, perhaps we have something to finish with them.  They ARE soul mates in the greatest sense.

We have parents who come back and children, friends and lovers.  In my case, well there are a lot of those, damn past life.  ;-)  The point being, each person who comes into our lives is here to help us learn something or work through something.  Embrace that lesson.

Now I think when most of us think of soul mates we think of lovers, partners, not our friends.  We have friends that are soul mates also though.  So embrace them, there will always be that person you feel so close to and you don't understand why.  You obviously don't feel the need to have sex with them, (or maybe you do, I don't judge ;-)) the point being, they are someone you can trust, that you love and appreciate.  The closeness is not really something that is understood but appreciated.  I have many friends like this.  I keep getting more and I like it. 

So then there is the ONE WE THINK OF.  OUR LOVERS.  Oh I love the lovers.  That person you meet and you feel such a strong connection to.  You are in sync, you get each other, but please stop a moment, PUT ON THE BREAKS.  JUST DON'T RUN DOWN THE ALTER....
This can be one of those lesson soul mates or it can be a life mate.  Life mates are people that are supposed to be in our lives until they die or we die.  One of us has to go to the other side.  Now, what happens is, many of us meet soul mates that we think are life mates but they are really here for a lesson.  Are you confused yet?  Of course you are, I get confused all the time.

So let me go on about it this way.  Soul mates are people that are in our lives almost all the time.  Lessons to be learned.  The thing that most of us are looking for is LIFE MATES.  These Life mates balance us, we feel the connection, we understand each other with out speaking, the sexual connection (lust) is often not strong at first always but grows.  There is a desire to be near them and this is just one of those things we embrace. 

I remember when I was younger every person I dated I thought would last forever.  With the exception for one, still not sure what I was thinking.  Anyway, we don't want to go off on that tangent, for some of us we love deeply.  That doesn't mean that we are meant to be with the person we are with.  We can love someone, have them be a soul mate but they are not a life mate.  Sometimes letting go of that person is a lesson for us.  A painful lesson about how to let go of someone so they can be loved the way they should be and we can be loved the way we should be.  We have lessons....

So someone said, "do we have soul mates?"

We have a lot, it is really a term that I try not to embrace too often.

So to my past life soul mates that existed during the darkest past lives, or the most fun ;-)  I love your passion and thank you.

To my family from past lives that live with me now, I love you deeply.

To my lovers, it's been fun.

To my friends, merci beaucoup.

To my life mate, ;-)

Embrace, live, love, laugh and don't be too serious about this soul mate thing.  You will know when the life mate shows up.  As the couple said last night, they both knew at the first date, this was my future husband, this was my future wife.  We know and that isn't to say that the lives will be smooth sailing, we still have lessons, with our life mate.  Don't let that connection fool you.  Challenges are there to make us stronger and our relationship stronger.

Be brave, be strong, love, laugh, live and remember, tend to your garden.  No one else is going to do it for you.

This will be expanded upon in my book.  This is my free flow thought on the topic so hope it makes sense. 

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. This helped. I understand better now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a life mate sadly outside influences separated us. I thoughtwe would be together until one of us was no longer here. I feel so broken. :(

    ReplyDelete