Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Stronger Through the Glue

Trauma
Emotional
Physical
Sexual
Mental
Loss
Trauma

Lack of acceptance
Lack of love
Abuse
Hurtful words
etc
etc
etc.....

Words hurt, actions hurt and we are left flailing in the sea of change and uncertainty.  In a world where people don't have the words to help because you don't know where it broke.  The only person who can glue your pieces back together is you.  People can love you and support you but they can not fix that broken part of you. 

When we are betrayed our hearts break, our souls yearn for understanding.  We truly all are as pure as children and when we are harmed in anyway our soul goes, "Why would this happen to me?"  Once we move past the "why me" we can start gluing that which is broken back together.  I think the biggest mistake we make is trying to remain the same after all the chaos though.

When we are broken in anyway we can not possibly be exactly who we were before.  There are pieces that never get found.  There are pieces, missing pieces that will never fit right.  It's okay though.  Instead of trying to put ourselves back together the way we were it is our time to see who we can be by rebuilding something new.  This is not a rushed process by any means.  This is a slow and steady process of looking at each piece that is left and imagining what it could be.  This should be exciting and new but it is also a bit scary. 

I have always said I want to be who I used to be.  I realized more than ever that isn't true.  I don't want to still be scared of being on stage.  I don't want to still be afraid to go out to the city by myself.  I don't want to be afraid of telling people I see and talk to Dead People.  It isn't a healthy part of who I was.  I was in self protective mode all of my life.  Truth is I want to see where I am going in the future. 

Life is too short to worry about how to fit things back together exactly how they are and now we can start building ourselves into exactly what we want.  Guess what, we might get broken again but stronger and stronger we become with the more glue we use.  Eventually, becoming what we are meant to be.  This break in my life, it didn't shatter all of me.  I still have a strong core from years of fixing. 

I don't love the "Phoenix" concept because the Phoenix rises from the ashes the same.  Truth is, once we go down like that, we are never the same. 

How does your Garden Grow?  What part of yourself are you trying to preserve that serves no purpose any longer?

Blessings of love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment