Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Curtis House Restaurant and Inn my new love


            There are a few things I am passionate about, what I do and History.  NOT the history in history books but the stuff I hear and see.  My father Lyman Lamarre was a carpenter and we would often go through old homes, watch, “This Old House” together.  When I walk into an older home it’s like going home for me every single time.  This was the experience at The Curtis House Restaurant and Inn. 
 
Just a side note, when I started on this journey, I had no idea how much I would fall in love with this place.  Or perhaps how much this place fell in love with me.  Maybe even the way we fell in love together. 
            (The story unfolds) 

            I got a text from a very sweet client named Amy asking if I would consider doing an event at The Curtis House Inn.  I said it sounded interesting but was not sure if I wanted to do such a big event.  It seemed a bit taxing but I said I would talk to her sister.  I was excited but nervous because as many of you know, I hate people to leave with out a reading. 

            I later spoke to Dorie, Amy’s sister and talked.  As we were talking a lady came through and told me I had to go and, “Talk to her first she had things to say.”  A few weeks later I went and did a walk through like I would for any “haunted’ house.  This house is NOT haunted it is alive with HISTORY.  The stories the spirits told me made me so happy.  I never felt so at peace after leaving and left an impression on Dorie and the family.   

            Some of you may have heard the story about a spirit named Betty; well her name IS Elizabeth and would like to be called Elizabeth.  She is a lovely lady and sometimes she bother spirit but it’s because of something the people do in the room, so you best behave in that space.  I talked to a lovely man in the kitchen who is excited about the future plans for the menu.  If you have a chance to eat here I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE IT.  THE FOOD IS AMAZING. 

            Move forward to the day of the Gallery, Dorie took care of every last detail and the staff was beautiful.  We wanted to do a trial run and I WANT people to see this place.  Needless to say we had an amazing turn out; we sold all 30 seats and had others who were sorry to miss it.  I managed to give a reading to all 30 people in two hours and ten minutes.  Any Medium who does readings will tell you this is a near impossibility and I agree.  I feel 100% that the spirits want to see more people here and they want this place to thrive.  They helped me help people and that is a beautiful combination.  I also can’t guarantee that will happen again. 

            In the end I went there again today, I walked in to a home, not a restaurant, not a bar, not an Inn I walked into a home.  Not any home, MY HOME, YOUR HOME, THEIR HOME.  Spirit wants people to be home here.  I have another event coming up there, and I will do a 100 more if it brings 1000 more people through the doors.  This place is beautiful, it is a home filled with past Inn Keepers and head Chefs trying to preserve history, to preserve their home.  OUR HOME! 

Below are links to The Curtis House Restaurant and Inn



 EVENT DETAILS:

October 24, 2015

5:30pm to 9:00pm

We start at 6pm with a paranormal talk; I will talk about ghost verses spirit.  The scariest things I have seen and investigations I have done.

7:-00pm-9:00pm Gallery Readings 

We also discussed the idea of offering rooms at a discounted rate so that you can stay after and take a tour of the building.  You get to hear some history and get some first hand account of the history.  I am also going to try to get some ghost stories to share.  I will talk about investigating etc, this is a very special home to me so I ask that if you stay you plan to have a great deal of respect for the living history in this home.  (MORE DETAILS TO COME)

Blessings.  

How does your Garden Grow? 
Tell me, where are your other homes?

No comments:

Post a Comment