Friday, January 29, 2016

Move on or pause and celebrate.


Pondering thoughts:

 

I was pondering, I was thinking, I was wondering if as a parent I am right, or am I wrong.  Not in a general black and white sense, but in a, for this kid do they need that, does my other kid need this.  I questioned myself about one thing, one very real, solid, tangible human experience that I wonder if we need it.

 

My daughter plays Cello and she loves it.
When she finishes a piece she moves forward.
She gets something harder, more complex, a challenge. 
Then she gets through that.
She moves on.

 

This is how learning an instrument works.
This is how education works.
This is how life works.
We learn to crawl.
We move on.
We learn to walk.
We move on.
We learn to run.
We move on.
We learn to babble.
We move on.
We learn to talk.
We move on.
We learn to sing.
We move on.
We move on.

So we celebrate the victories.
We celebrate the moving forwards and the bigger steps.
Do we celebrate the sitting still?
Do we celebrate the resting?
Do we celebrate the quiet peace?
DO WE CELEBRATE EVERYTHING?

What is wrong with sitting still?

What is wrong with not pushing ourselves to constantly move forward?

Why do the words unmotivated, lazy, even exist?

What if we could celebrate the quiet pauses in life once in a while?

Don’t just push through to victories because as you see above, every victory reached makes you set a new goal.  If one lives their lives constantly trying to move forward but never stops for the quiet pauses and enjoy them, have we even lived really?

Our life should not be constant stress.  It should be moving towards goals with many silent pauses in the middle where we can appreciate all we have done, all we continue to do and all we will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment