Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I of course always plan to come on here being witty and amusing, but in all honesty what happens lately is the dry inside of me comes out.  The emotionally exhausted individual spews out across the pages through black lettering.  Truth is, it is what it is.

As I contemplate things I wanted to go see a Medium.  I KNOW, crazy right, being a Medium myself I should have all the answers, I should be able to talk to whomever I want.  Truth is, I am no good at talking to my family, I am much better at talking to others.  I just want someone else to do the work I suppose.  As I said above, I am emotionally exhausted and reading for myself would add more emotional baggage.

As I looked around at people that were recommended, $125.00 for a half an hour, not bad but those who are grieving often don't have that kind of money at their disposal.  Then I came across rates of $400.00-$500.00 with gallery readings running upwards to $125.00 dollars and you probably won't even get a reading.  I was astonished, and hurt, inside as the person looking for someone to make that connection.

Let me make this clear, this is a gift, I was told, this is a gift that can be given and taken away.  As soon as you take advantage of others grieving you will loose it.  Yet many of these people are still out there working for years taking advantage of others.  I guess now I understand why people say, "that is all you charge?" 

I have to work hard to even take money, let alone the $30.00 a half an hour I charge.  Sometimes people send additional money to me because they think I did more and I appreciate it but to ever ask for more money, holy poop no!

If people truly measure the success of a Medium or any other service by the $ charged, then they perhaps have lost true vision of what makes something a quality experience. 

So how does your Garden Grow? 

I have been spending a lot of time watering mine.  I believe I posted something similar recently but I am still having a hard time coming to terms with this $ thing.

Be blessed, be well....

No comments:

Post a Comment