Monday, October 15, 2012

The loss of my mother

I forgot to update the lost off my Mother.  She died August 28th, 2012.  It has been only a month since she left, the emptiness I feel is quite numbing and yet at other times I am fine.  It is Halloween time and a favorite time for me and my Mom.  We have been looking at houses and reality is setting in that my Mom won't be here for that.  I am feeling quite a bit of emptiness lately but when I yell at her for something, like I have to deal with probate now, I will instantly smell cigarette smoke, and none of us smoke in my house.  I know she is around but man it sucks not to be able to pick up the phone.  My step-father's cell phone still has my Mom's voice on the voicemail, sometimes I call it just to hear her again, and then I cry of course.  No one really has any idea how much I am hurting, I try to look strong and move on with my life.  I think that is all any of us can do.

Momma, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. i imagine your mom smoked, and that is who you were referencing?
    if so, does it give you comfort knowing she is by your side?
    i am sorry for your loss, celeste.
    may time bring you healing and peace.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie I am sorry I never replied. It is a difficult thing at times to even keep track of time since my mother's passing. Yes she was a smoker all her life. She is a tricky one popping up here and there. I just trying to keep moving, but time is having a habit of slipping away from me.

      Delete