Monday, March 16, 2015

Change

I often have readings and spirit expresses me to tell folks, "it is time for change."

What is change.

CHANGE

A super scary word that has a foreboding feeling.  Leaving one to possibly feel hopeless, lost and unable to move forward. 

EXCUSES

A word I wish would be banished from the English language.

HURDLES

The things we face when we try to make changes.

REASONS

A far better explanation as to why we can't change. 

I have often been the bringer of news such as, move, get divorced, get married, have a tough conversation, remove folks from your life, avoid toxicity and various other tidbits of advice.

I always get asked, "But HOW?" 

There are a hundred reasons:
I don't have money.
I don't have a car.
I don't have friends.
I don't have family.
I don't have a pot to piss in.
I don't have a safe place.
I don't have support.
I don't have insurance.
I don't have a lawyer.
I don't have time.

Change sucks.

Truth is CHANGE=A PERIOD OF EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL DISCOMFORT.

No one says, "Hey I want to feel sad, depressed, alone or like I don't matter."
No one says, "Hey I want people to judge me, watch me fall or watch me fail."
No one says, "Hey I am going to do this and if I fail that will feel AWESOME!"

Humans don't say these things.  We tend to focus on, "we want to feel happy all the time." 
If we are in a miserable situation though are we ever feeling happiness?
There is a level of discomfort that comes from change and in general most humans seek that emotion called happiness.

Happiness often only comes when you change your perception and change your way of being.  That often means removing people, places or things that cause pain in your heart and soul.

I challenge you to NOT use EXCUSES, but use REASONS you are stuck in an unhappy situation. Once you know your REASONS, REAL REASONS, then start to figure out how you can change your situation.  A little step at a time.  I don't care if you collect cans and start turning them in and hiding money to move forward.  Look into programs that may help you if you are financially stuck or disabled.  More people will help you than you think, reach out to folks.  Whatever you do, don't bitch at the people who help you that no one helps you.  Don't complain 24/7 about your situation, try to find moments with in it to find peace and happiness.  Find other ways to find peace and happiness and don't let bad friendships, relationships, work issues over shadow your entire life. 

Find a moment to find joy.

Happiness does not last forever, but it is always available if you seek it.

How does your Garden Grow?

Mine needs a little water.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment